Rapanui Road 11kV Cable Extension
Client: Electrix Ltd
Project Manager: Richard Mexted
Job No: 9316
Site Supervisor: Kane Wills
Key features of the work and/or statistics:
- This project involves the installation of 150mm PVC and 32mm PVC duct by means of open trenching (approx. 300m)
- This project also involved three strategic drill shots at contoured area where it was too steep for an excavator to safely traverse the hill side and open trench affectively (approx. 372m).
- The hydro vac unit also played a critical role in this project enabling us to hydro vac continuous trench around asset services and residential tree roots (approx. 75m).
Key equipment used:
- 4×2 heavy truck
- 8T and 3.5T excavators (Yanmar brand)
- Vermeer directional drill c/with mud mixing trailer
- Hydro vac truck
Brief description of the work:
This project was located between 894 and 854 Rapanui Road near Kai Iwi.
Predominantly the ground conditions were quite sandy as the project location is approx. 800mm off the West Coast shoreline near Kai Iwi Beach.
We firstly commenced exploratory (hydro vac) works on site to plot and confirm our trench alignment then from there excavation and directional drill works commenced.
All residents had been informed of the project by means of a residential letter drop (as per our company procedure).