Manawatu Athletic Track – 2001-2002
Client: Massey University
Key features of the work and/or Statistics:
Drainage, irrigation and soil profile (playing surface) construction
Brief description of the work:
To carry on from our Wellington Stadium success, we successfully tendered the construction of the turf areas for the Manawatu Athletics Track at Massey University. We once again were able to work closely with the Consultant (NZ Sports Turf Institute) and Head Contractor (Higgins Contractors Ltd) to produce an all soil profile to International Standards and are again very proud of the result.
We have also completed a number of smaller projects for councils and school playing fields, such as:
- Fitzherbert Park Oval Palmerston North – Drainage design and build, wicket block construction, including irrigation.
- Ongley Park, Palmerston North – Drainage design and build.
- New Plymouth Boys High School – Drainage of rugby field.
- Russell Street School, Palmerston North – Drainage design and build.
- Feilding Agricultural High School – Design build.
- Manawatu Racing Club – Track drainage.
- Scotts College – Drainage and irrigation