Kimbolton Road 33kV Power Feeder Cable Install
Client: Powerco Ltd
Project Manager: Richard Apthorp
Job No: 8840
Site Supervisor: Kane Wills
Key features of the work and/or statistics:
- We open trenched and laid approximately 8.6km of new 33kV single core 185mm2 ALI XLPE UG power Cable (tr-foiled) by a combination of two methods which were chain trenching and open cutting (excavator)
- For this project we also installed lV 150mm PVC power ducting and 80mm PVC ducting, which was utilised to secure new cables to the side of existing power poles.
Key equipment used:
- Morooka (track truck)
- Interdrain Rock Chain Trencher (20T)
- Massey Ferguson Tractor c/with cable jinker
- 11.5T Excavator and 7T Excavator (Kobelco brand) Hydro Vac Truck
Brief description of the work:
This project was located between Feilding and Cheltenham along Kimbolton Road (SH54). This project started on schedule as agreed with the client and finished three weeks ahead of schedule and under budget.
There were several drain crossings that we had to contend with, however with a robust Environmental management plan in place this enabled our crew to work efficiently through these obstacles.