Extension to Factory Waste Irrigation System – Longburn
Project Manager: James Christensen
Job No.: 7556
Site Supervisor: Tony Brill
Key features of the work and/or statistics:
- Location of existing services
- Staged installation to fit in with farm operations & new factory start-up deadline.
Key equipment used:
- Ditchwitch 6510 Chain Trencher
- John Deer Tractor & Pipe Trailer
- Kobelco SK115 – 11 Tonne Excavator
- Ground Probing Radar
Brief description of the work:
Locate various sections of the existing network to confirm pipe size and actual location.
Install 900m of 125mm & 100mm “Z” joint PVC pressure pipe for the mainlines & 880m of 50mm “Z” joint PVC pipe for the fixed in-ground sprinkler network.
Install 13 Bermad control valves & 5000m of 12mm control tube to activate the valves hydraulically.
Install 10 x 80mm K-Line irrigation hydrants and 46 fixed in ground sprinkler sockets.
Associated thrust blocks and testing all installed pipe work.